15 April 2011

Mika Blog - Japan Mika blog上慰問日本

I think the whole world was rocked at the news of the devastating Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on 11th March in Japan. It’s hard to believe that following more than 800 aftershocks and tsunamis, another quake hit a month later to the day. I can’t even imagine what everybody there is going through. I have been trying to decide how best to show my support since the first events – there are no words that seem adequate. But I want all my friends in Japan to know that I am thinking about them and sending them my love.

I have a lot of friends in Japan and thankfully all of them are safe, to my knowledge. It’s a very special place to me and it doesn’t seem real that something so awful could have happened to such a beautiful nation of people. I have so many happy memories of the time I have spent there. From my first showcase 5 years ago, I became so smitten with Japan that I set it my goal to build a fan base and be able to tour the country. We did our first proper tour last year, and we will be back even more on the next album. From performances with audience members, to amazing (and eccentric!) fans and duets with Hikaru Utada, there were so many reasons why my small tour in Japan was the highlight of last year.

It was an honour to meet so many of my wonderful fans and I pray that everything is well with them and their families. They have always been so kind and loyal to me, given me so much support over the years – now it’s our turn to help them. As a gesture, I have made a donation to the British Red Cross Japan Appeal. This is a private donation from me to them. To show our support to our friends in Japan, I hope you will all show your support in any small way you can too by clicking here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Japan and I look forward to coming back to see you soon.

MIKA x

Translation in progress
---

No comments: