19 June 2011

Mika: 我寫法文情歌 I write love songs in French.

MIKA: "I WRITE LOVE SONGS IN FRENCH"
THE SINGER, WHO WILL GIVE A CONCERT IN COMPIÈGNE (OISE) JULY 9, HAS CONFIDED TO HIS NEXT ALBUM.
INTERVIEW BY EMMANUEL MAROLLES

He is in Paris. The singer is visiting the capital, place where he grew up. He is working on his third album, and is going to appear in Compiègne (Oise) on 9th July. Yesterday, we had an occasionwith a musician who is always hot and enjoyable, not stingy with confidence.

Q: Why this concert is in Compiègne, Mika?
M: I want to give some shows this summer, while I am working on my new album, which is scheduled for early 2012. I was told about Compiègne, it is a place at 80 km from Paris. I went to the site and it is beautiful. I'll be playing at the square which is in front of the palace. It's pretty impressive. So, I prepared a scene between Marie Antoinette and punk: old paintings painted with graffiti, the costumes in this spirit.

Q: Where are you on for your next album?
M: I have seven songs that I love and I still need two. This time I decided to work with lots of different people: the Empire of the Sun group, the electro producer William Orbit (note: collaborator of Madonna). I am going to the studio tomorrow (note: this morning) with French DJ Martin Solveig. I also contacted some unknown musicians like Ben, a young Englishman whom I found his songs on the internet. He lives with his parents and played me his songs in his bedroom. They are presented on four tracks on the album. Musically, the disc is a meeting between Fleetwood Mac and "Tron," a mixture of the Elton John piano and electronic sounds.

Q: And you try to write in French?
M:
Yes. Meanwhile, I'm writing songs in French, but not to make an album, probably will be bonus on my next record. Here it sounds like between Supertramp and Polnareff. There is a track called "82, rue des Martyrs," which is a bar in Paris, next to Michou. One day I went there at 3 am, I met a girl named Karen who told me about her life and I made a song.

Q: Is it hard to write in French?
M:
No, although I make small grammatical errors. There's a song called "Elle me dit." “Elle me dit: écris une chanson contente, pas une chanson déprimante, une chanson que tout le monde aime. Elle me dit tu deviendras milliardaire, t'auras de quoi être fier. Tu ne finiras pas comme ton père. (She said, simply write a song, not a depressing song, a song that everyone loves. She said you will become a billionaire, you'll have to be proud. You do not end up like your father.)” A real French would not write like that.

Q: What is the name the album?
M:
"The Origin of Love," - because it will be twelve love songs with different tones. I have had it tough this year. My sister makes all my scenes tour had a serious accident. She had a fall from the 4th floor. Today she is rebuilt, beginning to walk. She is an incredible fighter. With all this, I need a change, to make a real difference that I want.

Mika is going to have a concert on 9th July and 13th July in Compiègne and Ajaccio respectively.

Mika:“我寫法文情歌。”
這位將會在7月9日於瓦茲省貢比涅舉行個唱的歌手Mika,透露了有關新專輯的一點消息。
原文:Emmanuel Marolles


講法文的Mika現在到了他度過童年的巴黎,同時為他將要面世的第三張專輯努力工作;除此以外,他還準備在今年7月9日在瓦茲省貢比涅(Compiègne, Oise)表演跟一眾歌迷會面。昨天跟我們昨天就跟這位充滿魅力和樂趣、毫不囂張卻又自信的歌手度過了一段快樂的訪問時光。

問:為甚麼今次會選擇在貢比涅(Compiègne)開演唱會呢Mika?
M:我想在今個夏天在錄2012年年頭推出的新專輯同時,也開幾場演唱會。我曾經聽說過貢比涅這個與巴黎相隔80公里的地方,也到了演唱會場地看過,那裡真的很美呢。我將會在皇宮前面的廣場上表演,相信會給大家留下深刻印象。也正因如此,我準備了一幕,風格在瑪麗皇后和龐克之間的:即是用街頭塗鴉方式畫的古代畫作,加上到時的服裝,將它的靈魂表現出來。

問:你下一張專輯現時的進度如何呢?
M:
現在我已經有7首喜歡的新歌,我想還需要多2首。這次我決定跟很多不同的人合作:例如組合Empire Of The Sun和電子音樂監製William Orbit(曾與Madonna合作)。我明天(今早)會跟法國DJ Martin Solveig到錄音室一趟。我也有聯絡過一些不太有名的音樂人,例如Ben;他是一個英國音樂人,我是在網上找到他的歌而認識他的。Ben與父母同住,他曾在他的房間裡給我聽過幾首他的歌。它們以4首歌的模樣收錄在他的專輯上。就音樂而言,那隻唱片可說是Fleetwood Mac和“Tron”之間相遇形成的一個火花,也是一個Elton John的鋼琴和電子音樂的混合。

問:還有就是你在嘗試寫法文歌?
M:
對啊。最近我在寫法文歌,但不會弄一張法文的專輯,或許會以bonus track的姿態在新專輯上呈現在大家眼前吧。它聽起來會是SupertrampPolnareff之間那樣的曲風。新專輯中還有一首歌叫“82, Rue des Martyrs",其實那是巴黎一間酒吧的名字。它就在Michou隔壁。一次我凌晨3點到了這家酒吧,認識了一個叫Karen的女生,她跟我講了自己的故事;而這首歌就是以她的故事做藍本寫成的。

問:用法文寫歌會很困難嗎?
M:
不會啊,雖然我到底還是會有一些文法上的小錯誤。還有一首叫"Elle me dit."的。“Elle me dit: écris une chanson contente, pas une chanson déprimante, une chanson que tout le monde aime. Elle me dit tu deviendras milliardaire, t'auras de quoi être fier. Tu ne finiras pas comme ton père. (She said, simply write a song, not a depressing song, a song that everyone loves. She said you will become a billionaire, you'll have to be proud. You do not end up like your father.)”一個真正的法國人是不會這樣寫的。

問:新專輯叫甚麼名字呢?
M:
“The Origin of Love” - 因為裡面將會收錄12首有著不同調子的情歌。過去這年我變得堅強(對我來說很難過)。我姊姊去年的意外造就了我巡演的場景。那次她從4樓高處墮下。到現在她逐漸好起來了,開始重新走路,她真是個很厲害的鬥士。也因為這樣,我需要一個改變,一個打從心底裡想作出的改變。

Mika將會在7月9及13日分別在貢比涅(Compiègne)和阿雅克肖(Ajaccio)舉行演唱會。

*Video translation in progress.
---

No comments: